The Sandvik DI550 is the first representative of the new advanced Sandvik down-the-hole drilling rig generation.
When compared to others, the DI550 clearly stands out from the crowd for its top productivity and very low energy consumption in its class. Equipped with the latest technology, it offers great usability, efficient rig operation and low operating costs.
With its 328 kW diesel engine and a 24.4 m3 compressor airflow at 24-bar pressure, it is a perfect match for the 5” DTH hammer. All power is fully utilized, translating into low energy consumption, low operating costs and top productivity. The rig performs efficiently and economically also with 4″ and 6″ hammers.
On top of high performance and productivity, the machine offers a first class operator environment with solutions that enable seamless interaction of man and machine: The operator handles drilling and the automation takes care of all machine controls. Further adding to the smooth interaction are the modern control system with simple icon displays, carefully designed ergonomy features, and excellent visibility.
Main applications of the DI550 include production drilling, quarry/mine development and wall control.
- Hole Diameter 90 – 165 mm ( 3 1/2″ – 6 1/2″ )
- Rock tools 76, 89, 102, 114 mm ( 3″, 3 1/2″, 4″ , 4 1/2″ )
- Rock drill ( 3″ ), 4″, 5″, 6″ DTH hammer
- Engine, TIER3 CAT C13, 328 kW / 1800 rpm
- Engine, TIER4 CAT C13, 328 kW / 1800 rpm
- Dust collector 51 m3/min at 500 mm vacuum H2O
- Compressor capacity 24.4 m3/min at 24 bar
- Production capacity 1.85 Mt/year in one shift
- Width 2.49 m
- Length 12.0 m
- Height 3.29 m
- Weight 23 700 – 24 050 kg