The EDGE VS420 is a high capacity, high torque twin shaft waste shredder that is ideal for the processing of a large array of materials including; green waste, MSW, C&D waste, biomass and end of life tires. EDGE’s next generation shredder has been developed for ultimate versatility and high resistance to contaminants with a number of customizable shredding programs and chamber configurations available. An intelligent operating system which incorporates tramp metal protection provides the ultimate protection from contaminants and prevents asset damage.
- Condition: NEW
- Year: 2021
- Make: Edge
- Model: VS 420
- Location: Alabama
- Hours: 40 Hours
- Price: Contact us for price
- All types of wood (railway sleepers, pallets)
- C & D (construction & demolition)
- Green waste (including grass, trees, stumps)
- Domestic and household waste
- Commercial and industrial waste
- White household goods
- Paper and cardboard (including paper rolls)
- All plastics (including wind turbine blades)
- Chassis format options: Track , Wheel, Static, Hook-lift
- Power-source options: diesel / hydraulic, direct electric
- Various chamber configurations to suit numerous applications
- 2” to 10” basket screens for guaranteed final product piece size
- Hydraulic Height adjustable over-band magnet
- Hydraulic Hopper extensions
- Reversible fan
- Dust suppression
- Central auto-lube greasing
The EDGE VS420E Hybrid waste shredder offers significantly reduced CO2 production, reduced operating costs, reduced servicing and a higher percentage uptime for its operators. The EDGE VS420E packages all the advantages of a mobile diesel driven unit and that of a stationary electric shredder into one self-contained unit. For the operator, it means minimal operating costs, maximum performance, and enormous flexibility.
EDGE Innovate’s VS420E Electric Hybrid model replaces the traditional 310Kw CATERPILLAR engine with two 132KW motors that provide the exact same production capacity and torque levels to that of a diesel/hydraulic drive unit. A small 55Kw diesel engine provides the flexibility of tracking, and use of all set up functions. An additional 11Kw auxiliary motor allows for all set up functionality to be available in both “Electric” and “Diesel / Hydraulic” modes. The VS420E offers a host of design features as standard. For instance, to shred, EDGE’s safe and simple “Plug and Shred” function enables operators to connect and disconnect the shredder to the grid in the matter of minutes.
Due to it’s emission free operation, the hybrid waste shredder from EDGE can also be deployed indoors or moved between indoor and outdoor applications. With zero engine noise produced when shredding, the VS420E is the ideal shredding partner in built up areas or in markets where stringent environmental, legislative or noise constraints are enforced.