Crusher Works appreciate the importance of providing service at short notice and to help us achieve this we are looking for a experienced Service Mechanic to join our team! You will be responsible for repairing / maintaining various machinery throughout Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisiana & northwest Florida as required.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a mechanic / Equipment Maintenance – 2 years+
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Skilled Power Tool operator
- Technical Understanding
- Attention to Detail
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Able to deal with Uncertainty
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Clean driving record.
• Able to pass Drug screen
For more details on how to apply call us on 205-425-8099